Director, Applied Physics Research Group
Professor, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611
- Fellow, National Academy of Inventors (NAI)
- Distinguished Visiting Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering (RAE).
- Fellow, Royal Aeronautical Society (FRAeS).
- Fellow, American Society for Mechanical Engineers (ASME).
- Lifetime Associate Fellow, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA).
- Nation Appointed Member of NATO STO Assessment of Micro Technologies for Air and Space Propulsion (AVT-344) (2019-2022).
- Nation Appointed Member of NATO STO Next generation EO vehicle signature prediction algorithms (AVT-205) (2020-2023).
- Nation Appointed Member of NATO STO Assessment of Plasma Actuator Technologies for Internal Flow Applications (AVT-254) (2015-2018).
- Nation Appointed Member of NATO RTO Plasma Based Flow Control for Performance and Control of Military Vehicles (AVT-190) (2009-2014)
- Editorial Board Member, Scientific Report, Nature Publishing (2015-now).
- Editorial Board Member, Actuator, MDPI (2015-now).
- Topic Editor, Frontiers in Physics, (2021).
- Academic Editor, PLoS-One (2012-2017).
- Associate Editor, Journal of Fluids Engineering (2005-2007).
- Outstanding Researcher, Kettering University, 2005.
- ASEE-Air Force Faculty Research Fellow, 2005.
- Conference Technical Chair, 48th Aerospace Sciences Meeting- Thermophysics, 4-7 January 2010, Orlando World Center Marriott, Florida.
- Conference Technical Chair, 36th AIAA Thermophysics Conference, 23-26 June 2003, Hilton Walt Disney World, Orlando, Florida.
- AFOSR-NRC Research Fellow, Air Force Office of Scientific Research, 2003.
- NRC Research Associateship Award, Air Force Research Laboratory, 2002.
- Outstanding New Researcher Award, Kettering University, 2001.
- AFRL Summer Research Fellow, Air Force Research Lab, Wright Pat, 2001.
- NASA/OAI Collaborative Research Fellow, NASA Glenn Research Center, 2000.
- Listed in Marquis Who’s Who in the World, 2000.
- Listed in Marquis Who’s Who in Science and Engineering, 1999.
- Elected for 2000 Outstanding Scientists of 20th Century, Cambridge, UK.
- Organizer/Chair, 2001 ASME/JSME Symposium on Fluid-structure interaction and flow-induced noise in industrial applications.
- Organizer/Chair, 2000 ASME/JSME Symposium on Fluid-structure interaction and flow-induced noise in industrial applications.
- Chair, 1999-2000 ASME/JSME Symposium on Finite Element Applications in Fluid Engineering.
Member, Fluid Dynamics Technical Committee, AIAA.
Member, Plasma Dynamics & Lasers Technical Committee, AIAA.
Past Member, Thermophysics Technical Committee, AIAA.
Past Member, Electric Propulsion Technical Committee, AIAA.
Member, Computational Fluid Dynamics Technical Committee , ASME.
Member, Fluid Mechanics Technical Committee, ASME.
Member, AIAA, ASME, ASEE, APS, SAE.
Honor Society, Tau Beta Pi.