- Postdoctoral, 2010-2012, ETH Zurich, Mechanical and Process Engineering
- Ph.D., 2005 – 2010, University of Colorado, Boulder, Chemical and Biological Engineering
- B.S., 2001 – 2005, North Carolina State University, Biomedical Engineering
- Senior Research Associate, 2012 – 2014, ETH Zurich, Professorship of Renewable Energy Carriers
Professional Society Memberships
- Outgoing Chair, ASME Solar Energy Division
Prof. Scheffe received his Ph.D. from the University of Colorado in the group of Prof. Alan Weimer with a focus on high temperature thermochemical processes and advanced thin film material development and characterization. Following his time in Boulder he served as a Postdoctoral Researcher and Senior Research Associate in the laboratory of Prof. Aldo Steinfeld at ETH Zurich. There, his focus was primarily on material and reactor development for solar driven thermochemical processes.
Currently, Prof. Scheffe serves as head of the Renewable Energy Conversion Laboratory within the Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department at the University of Florida. His research is focused on the development and characterization of thermochemically and electrochemically active oxide materials and solar driven processes for renewable fuel production. He serves on the executive committee of the ASME Solar Energy Division and organizing committee of the ASME International Conference on Energy and Sustainability.
Phone: +1 352-392-0839
Office: Building MAE-C, Room 107
University of Florida
Dept. of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
231 MAE-A Building
Gainesville, FL 32611