Interested in joining the Machine Learning and Sensing Lab?

Thank you very much for your interest in our research group, The Machine Learning and Sensing Lab! I am always looking for talented and motivated students that are interested in conducting pattern recognition and machine learning research!

University of Florida Graduate Students

Generally, I only consider students for my lab after they taken a class with me and/or have significant prior machine learning and pattern recognition experience. This allows you to get exposure to related topics before deciding if this the area you want to study and it allows me to see that you have the background, ability and commitment needed.

If you are a graduate student at the University of Florida and interested in conducting research in our lab, I suggest registering for my course next semester and sending me an email with your UF transcript, a PDF copy of your CV, a research statement describing/explaining your interest in machine learning research, and requesting a time to meet and speak in person.

University of Florida Undergraduate Students

If you are a undergraduate student at the University of Florida and interested in obtaining undergraduate research experience in our lab, I suggest sending me an email with your UF transcript, a PDF copy of your CV, a short written statement describing/explaining your interest in machine learning research, and requesting a time to meet and speak in person.

Prospective Graduate Students

Generally, I only consider students for my lab after they taken a class with me and/or have significant prior machine learning and pattern recognition experience. This allows for you to get exposure to related topics before deciding if this the area you want to study and it allows me to see that you have the background, ability and commitment needed. Also, I am currently only considering students that will commit to a Ph.D. degree from our department through the lab (i.e., no visiting or temporary students) and have been admitted to graduate school at the University of Florida. 

If you are serious about pursuing a position in the lab, you can find information about applying for admission to the PhD program in the Electrical & Computer Engineering department at the University of Florida here: https://www.ece.ufl.edu/content/prospective-students. Please be sure to view the minimum admission requirements.