Dr. S. A. E. Miller
I am not currently looking for post-doctoral associates.
- Carr, Alex (Ph.D. August 2017 – Present) – Jet structure interaction
- Cheng, Jiahui (Ph.D. August 2018 – Present) – Large-scale turbulent structure prediction
- Patel, Trushant (Ph.D. January 2017 – Present) – Acoustic analogy development for shock-noise
- Shen, Weiqi (Ph.D. Summer 2017 – Present) – Large-eddy simulation (LES) of supersonic jet flows
- Wang, Wei (Ph.D. / M.S. January 2017 – Present) – Multiphase flow of off-design supersonic jets
- Yalcin, Baran (Graduate Student, M.S.) January 2019 – May 2019 – Sources of tornado noise. Investigation of shock-wave boundary layer separation prevention concepts.
- Zhang, Tianshu (Ph.D. August 2017 – Present) – Infrasound propagation from tornadoes, wind tunnel propagation measurements
The University of Florida Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Annunziata, Chris, (Graduate Student, M.S.) January 2019 – May 2019 – Rocket Propulsion Design, Design of Heavy-lift, Liquid Chemical Propulsive Systems in Rocket
- Munden, Katherine, (Undergraduate, B.S., January 2019 – Present) – Jet impingement programs
- Pager, Elisha R., University Scholars (B.S. January 2017 – May 2018) – University Scholars, turbulent boundary layers, CFD class development
- Endurthi, Vijay (M.S. Summer 2017 – Spring 2018 – Volunteer research CFD of Rotorcraft)
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
I have advised multiple undergraduate and graduate students at NASA through the research process. Here are some pictures of my students and myself: The exit of the 8 ft. tunnel at NASA LaRC [jpg], the entrance to the NASA Quiet Flow Facility [jpg], a marina in Poquoson Virginia [jpg]. I have also advised students jointly under other advisors. Previous students under my guidance:
- Smith, Matthew, “The Analysis and Prediction of Jet Flow and Jet Noise about Airframe Surfaces,” NASA/NIA/VT Graduate Student (Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University), 2012-2013.
- Howton, Alexandra, “The Prediction of Noise Generated by Turbulent Jet Flow Past the Trailing Edge of a Flat Plate,” NASA LARSS (Boston University), 2013.
- Hipp, Kyle, “The Sideline Refraction Effects of Twin Jet Flow,” NASA LARSS (The Ohio State University), 2013.
- Mazur, Emily, “Assessment of Nonlinear Propagation Methodology for Jet Noise,” NASA LARSS (Rochester Institute of Technology), 2012.
- Beisser, Megan, “Aeroacoustics,” NASA/Virginia Governors School, 2012.
- Massey, Benjamin, “Prediction of Jet Noise based on Empirical Flow-Field Models and CFD Results,” NASA LARSS (Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University), 2011.