Dr. S. A. E. Miller
I am not currently seeking post-doctoral associates.
- Carr, Alex (Ph.D. August 2017 – Present) – NASA Fellow, Sonic Boom, and Jet structure interaction
- Cheng, Jiahui (Ph.D. August 2018 – Present) – Large-scale turbulent structure prediction, control, stability
- Zhang, Tianshu (Ph.D. August 2017 – Present) – Infrasound propagation from tornadoes, wind tunnel propagation measurements
- Rajendran, Achyuth (M.S. Summer 2020 – Present) – Noise from cavities within high speed turbulent boundary layers
The University of Florida Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Dr. Weiqi Shen, (Graduate Student Ph.D.) “Modeling of Broadband Shock-associated Noise in Supersonic Jets Using Large-eddy Simulation and Decomposition Methods,” Ph.D., May 2017 – December 2020.
- Dr. Wei Wang, (Graduate Student Ph.D.) “A Numerical Study of Acoustics from Supersonic Particle-laden Jets via Multi-Phase Acoustic Analogy,” Ph.D., January 2017 – December 2020.
- Dr. Patel, Trushant, (Graduate Student Ph.D.) “Analysis of Supersonic Jet Noise in The Sideline and Upstream Directions Using the Navier-stokes Equations,” Ph.D., January 2017 – December 2020.
- Mr. Baran Yalcin, (Graduate Student, M.S.), January 2019 – August 2020, Investigation of shock-wave boundary layer separation prevention concepts.
- Ms. Katherine Munden, (Undergraduate, B.S.), January 2019 – August 2019, Support NOAA Tornado and Jet Flow-Field RANS Prediction Programs
- Mr. Chris Annunziata, (Graduate Student, M.S.), January 2019 – May 2019, Rocket Propulsion Design, Design of Heavy-lift, Liquid Chemical Propulsive Systems in Rockets
- Ms. Pager, Elisha R., (Undergraduate, B.S.), January 2017 – June 2018, Introduction to CFD Course Development and Undergraduate Research on Turbulent Boundary Layers
- Mr. Endurthi, Vijay (Graduate Student, M.S.), January 2017 – May 2018, Rotorcraft aerodynamics using CFD.
Academic PH.D., M.S., & Honor Thesis Committees
- Mr. Songzi Wu, “A Study for Interaction of a Reactive Step and the Detonation Propagating Through the Layer of Reactants Bounded by an Inert Gas With Various Acoustic Impedances,” Summer 2020.
- Mr. Haocheng Zhou, “MEMS Based Five Hole Probe with Optical Pressure Transducers,” TBD, Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering Defense, Summer 2020.
- Mr. Yann Martelet, “Jet Mixing Noise Model Based on Geometrical Acoustics for the Prediction of Installation Effects,” External member for École Centrale de Lyon, Spring 2020.
- Mr. Maximilian Plavcan, “Inception of a Multi-Planetary Society,” University of Florida, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, B.S. Honors Thesis, Fall 2019.
- Mr. Goran Marjanovic, “Direct Numerical Simulations of Single and Multiphase Turbulent Plumes in the Forced, Pure, and Lazy Regimes at Large Grashof Numbers,” Ph.D. Defense, Summer 2018.
- Mr. Cameron S. Stewart, “Soft Sphere Simulations of a Planar Multiphase Shockwave Passing through a Bed of Particles,” Ph.D. Defense, Summer 2018.
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
I have advised multiple undergraduate and graduate students at NASA through the research process. Here are some pictures of my students and myself: The exit of the 8 ft. tunnel at NASA LaRC [jpg], the entrance to the NASA Quiet Flow Facility [jpg], a marina in Poquoson Virginia [jpg]. I have also advised students jointly under other advisors. Previous students under my guidance:
- Smith, Matthew, “The Analysis and Prediction of Jet Flow and Jet Noise about Airframe Surfaces,” NASA/NIA/VT Graduate Student (Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University), 2012-2013.
- Howton, Alexandra, “The Prediction of Noise Generated by Turbulent Jet Flow Past the Trailing Edge of a Flat Plate,” NASA LARSS (Boston University), 2013.
- Hipp, Kyle, “The Sideline Refraction Effects of Twin Jet Flow,” NASA LARSS (The Ohio State University), 2013.
- Mazur, Emily, “Assessment of Nonlinear Propagation Methodology for Jet Noise,” NASA LARSS (Rochester Institute of Technology), 2012.
- Beisser, Megan, “Aeroacoustics,” NASA/Virginia Governors School, 2012.
- Massey, Benjamin, “Prediction of Jet Noise based on Empirical Flow-Field Models and CFD Results,” NASA LARSS (Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University), 2011.